First of all, make sure you are playing on a server that can have a big negative impact on your connection and gameplay experience.
The game has a built-in warning when the connection is not strong enough, on the top right next to the radar you will see a flashing yellow or red plug. This indicates a possible problem with the internet connection
Additional steps that might help you out:
- Try using a wired connection instead of Wi-Fi.
- Turn off any bandwidth-consuming processes in the background such as but not limited to torrent clients, game updates, downloads from browsers etc.
- Restart all local networking equipment. (router, switch, modem etc.)
- If you're playing on Steam, verify your game cache.
- Flush your DNS: If you're playing on Windows, open your command prompt and type "ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotation marks.
- Do a few speed tests and look for low results in upload / download speeds and response time (ping), also note if the results are consistent as an unstable connection might also be causing problems with the game.