This one was a long time in the making and we went back and forth on it quite a bit. There were just so many options. Should it be a donation only system? Should it incorporate game play? Should it reward the everyday gold spend?
At first we wanted to keep it donation based as that would allow us to allocate the proceeds directly to the remaster project. At the same time we felt that at its core, the campaign is about supporting the game - yes that means finances to a certain degree but it also means engagement, possibly the most important component to us.
People were asking us, why do this at all? We honestly asked ourselves that question and came up with the following answers that we wanted to share with you:
- It’s a historic moment from the point of view of where the game came from and what it can become
- Looking for validation that players agree that this is the right step for the product
- Support the expanse of the team. These things always have to make business sense
- Give people the chance to etch themselves into the game so that they can share in the credit of making it all possible
In the Shop, you are now able to access a new tab called “Campaign”.
The Campaign works as follows:
- Donate Gold to join the Campaign and unlock the feature (points only start counting after unlocking the campaign)
- Any Gold spent after unlocking the campaign in the mystery/package shop or purchases in the nexus will count towards collecting points throughout the Campaign in order to unlock “Supporter Ranks”.
- As an alternative route, you can collect and use Support Items that you will be able to find in specific locations around the Realm
- If you wish to go through the campaign faster or feel the desire to do something akin to donating gold to the cause, then you can use the boost option to unlock tiers directly for gold - any gold used for boosts will give you 2x the amount of points
- Receive rewards associated with each of the Rank upon completion
- Unlocking a Chest in the Vault via direct unlock (no unlocker items) will grant points in the form of Nexus Crystal x 5 (500pts). You will find the item inside the newly unlocked chest (updated 2018-11-20).
- Note that for technical reasons, NOT counted are: charslot unlocks, class unlocks, skin unlocks, potions from inventories, pet yard features
Now we know that donating gold to unlock the campaign in the first place will get some people’s spider senses tingling, so we would like to explain it right away, since we also went back and forth on that one.
In essence we wanted to make sure that not every newly opened and botting account can get onto the wall of fame. That would discredit our loyal supporters in our eyes. Thus we decided for a very low amount of gold to be paid after which you can go through the tiers by game play or spending depending on your preference. Of course the gameplay part will be quite the challenge, we want to be fully transparent there. Otherwise the rewards would be worth nothing.
The other thing we want to further explain is the limited character glows. We want this one to be very exclusive and reserved for people who are as convinced about the project as we are, so it will be next to impossible to achieve this rank with only collecting shards and crystals. In order to gain access to the exclusive purple character glow, you will have to reach a total of 100.000 pts within the duration of the Campaign.
We want to sincerely thank all of you that have stuck with us and given us such great support over the past 2+ years. We consider ourselves lucky to have such a supportive Community and are looking forward to shaping the future with you.
- Your name on the Wall of Fame at the end of the campaign and in the Unity client’s credits section
- Automatically unlocked when joining the campaign
- Beta access to the Unity Client
- Unity Supporter Vanity Item (Energy Signet)
- Mystery ST Chest(s) x 1
- Unity Supporter Pet Skin
- Mystery ST Chest(s) x 2
- Exclusive Supporter Skins
- Mystery ST Chest(s) x 5
- Exclusive Purple Chat color
- Exclusive Deca Djinja Ninja skin
- Mystery ST Chest(s) x 10
- Exclusive Supporter Gravestones
- Mystery ST Chest(s) x 20
- Limited exclusive purple character glow
- Supporter Gravestones and Chat color are applied immediately after unlocking the corresponding Ranks (refresh the client if not).
- The Exclusive Supporter Glow will not activate when reaching 100.000pts and will be activated in the coming days.
- There is no toggle option for chat color and gravestones, activating them is permanently affecting the account (for now).